LINK AL SITO DEL PROGETTO
DESCRIZIONE DEL PROGETTO
Schools have the duty to educate new generations to an integrated and sustainable vision of development through inputs that can stimulate a reflection on the objectives of the Agenda 2030. Their duty is also to make new generations understand the impact of their behaviours and to make them aware of the consequences that their actions have on the future. Even though School is “the best place to activate educational projects about the environment and sustainability” there is a lack of preparation to do that and there are no recognised Course programmes.
The project aims at redefining disciplinary programs and educational methods through cooperation between the different institutions of education and providing theoretical-methodological schemes which are innovative and closer to the analyzed realities as well as virtuous models of action which will enhance environmental issues.
The specific aims of the project are:
- Contribute to promoting the awareness of schools communities about environmental issues and sustainable development through the promotion of a transdisciplinary approach and problem-based learning;
- Implementing, experimenting, validating, supporting, and disseminating training models linked to the environment and to more aware management and consumption of natural resources.
- Enhance the contribution that the school education system can give to the environmental sustainability;
- The target groups involved in the project will be high school teachers and students of the first two years of secondary school.
The target groups involved in the project will be high school teachers and students of the first two years of secondary school.
Activities and Results
The following activities will be implemented with the related results:
- Development of an e-learning based training package addressed to secondary school teachers to prepare them in taking into account environmental and sustainable development-related issue in their lessons;
- Definition of lesson plans and related teaching tools and sources that secondary school teachers and students can use to address the main challenges related to environmental and sustainable development;
- Development of a Syllabus for teaching environmental protection, sustainability and green practices. The Syllabus will be developed on the basis of a multi and interdisciplinary approach also based on problem-solving approaches and strategies.
– ISIS Galileo Galilei, Italy;
– Technological University of the Shannon, Ireland
– Pixel – Associazione Culturale, Italy
– Ufficio Scolastico Regionale per la Toscana, Italy
– Agrupamento de Escolas Emídio Garcia, Portugal
– EuroED, Romania
– Universidad del Pais Vasco, Spain